Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Holidays and Reflections


Thinking it's the time of the year when we pause, breath and reflect. Yes, there is the rush rush rush....and then we hit the holidays and see family, friends and take a breath.

As a result, the posts over the next little while from me will take a little turn.

David Travis wrote this wonderful book on photography. Its called "At the Edge of the Light." He quotes the contemporary poet Gary Snyder about poetry...and perhaps it applies to photography...and perhaps it applies to much more.

The photo is one of mine and a personal favorite from the last show I had called "Destinations"




"It comes blundering over the
Boulders at night, it says
Frightened outside the
Range of my campfire
I go to meet it at the
Edge of the Light."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the great priviledge of meeting Gary Snyder some 20 years ago, when I lived in Seattle. His work is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Lewis, bizsolutionsplus