Thursday, August 9, 2007

New Game New Rules


I love that Brian Solis among others (too many links to even get going but Scoble, Shel Israel, Jeff Jarvis, Neville Hobson, Joesph Thornley, John Cass....and the list goes on) are such a rabid fans for conversations and social media. Whether it was the recent report for the Public Relations Council or Brian's Manifesto or downright great guide to Facebook.....I am sorry, I still find myself pinching myself, but WTF (where's the fire of course).....when you think about it what is the pr business all about? I always thought we were in the business of relations with the PUBLIC. Media was just a vehicle. Speeches, Town halls, Events, media relations...were they not all mere tactics to build relations with the public? And so today, we add a new arrow to the quiver?????

No disrespect is my meant to my professional colleagues mentioned above.....in fact, my hats are off to them for their drive drive drive and commitment to make people in this profession understand.....the game changed, the third party filter (media?????) is losing authority or at least pre-eminence. Guess what...its a new game, some new rules, for a new tool. Hallelujah

And, as you might expect from RichardatDELL, what a great one it is. Eliminate the middle man, go direct, build a relationship 1:1. Challengeing: for sure. But what a blast!!!

No comments: