Thursday, October 4, 2007

Working Conversations/Real Relationships

Web 2.0 tools enable conversations and over time foster relationships. They humanize companies and build trust. Those are the assertions.

They work.

Who would have thought that one of the first people who received a little comment and conversation starter about Dell's next chapter
and the new chapter(see 2 posts ago on working conversations) , would go on to comment publicly in a slide share about us and eventually end up in Austin, wearing a cowboy hat (David Armano on left)? I borrowed one, although I have my own...from the same store.

Bringing conversations to life and real relationships allow us to share and grow -- listen and learn. That's what we do every day....RichardatDELL, JohnPatDELL, Lionel, Caroline, Bob, Sean, Geoff + team and many others. David has helped us along the way (he'll see how tomorrow in a power point). We have been listening a lot to learn and grow.

So its my pleasure on behalf of all us at Dell to welcome David and his Logic + Emotion to Austin :-)

PS: I have boots already...I couldn't convince David to buy any. Connie...another conversationalist. Thanks for joining too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Richard. I enjoyed the conversation tonight immensely. Just love how you're making a cowboy out of David -- great picture.

Anonymous said...

Had a great time at dinner—we talked about some good stuff. Looking forward to today.

Thanks for being a great host!

Anonymous said...

Richard - Great story that will find its way into my presentations of the benefits of 'real conversations' with 'real people.'

By the way, I've owned 3 Dells and the tech and sales support have been just fine.

Geoff_Livingston said...

You're a crazy man with that hat ;) Glad to see you guys are having fun, and building better relations on the way.

Anonymous said...

Toby, You know it is always so nice to hear of good customer experiences...thrilled that 3 dells later tech and sales support have been fine. Its my personal experience too...its why I am here :-). Thanks for the feedback.

David, thank you so very very much...it was a great day!

Geoff...I borrowed it from the store rack. My own hat looks better :-)